What awesome hike should I do near Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2015 at 7:53:12 #808098

Hi,

backpacking multiple countries with a global eurail pass in July. Spending one night in Bern and 3 nights in Interlaken. One of the main things I want to get out of visiting Switzerland is completing a hike that gives excellent views the mountains. I know that Interlaken itself does not give the views I am asking for, but I am choosing it as it has very affordable hostels, and my friend visited last year and said I had to go.

My question is, is what hikes near Interlaken are the most visually rewarding? I want to stay way from having to pay for trains that are not included in my Eurail and would like to mostly do most of it on foot as it would feel more rewarding. One hike I have seen on multiple forums is one that begins in Lauterbrunnen. Where you take the gondola up to Grütschalp and then follow a path to Murren, and then can access the Trummelbach Falls. All sites I have visited never state the price for these gondolas, for example the Grütschalp, is it free, if not where do I check for prices?

And do you guys think this Hike will do, or is there better? I also have been looking at the Eiger trail as well. Anyways, what would you guys say is my best bet? -Near Interlaken-Affordable-Preferably more of a hike than just a simple gondola ride up and down-Visually awesome

THANKS!!!!

• The thread ‘What awesome hike should I do near Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.