WHAT PASS CARD /SHOULD I BUY??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2011 at 20:59:44 #804644

Hello,

I am visiting Swiss during September 7 to September 10. I am visiting with my wife and 3 year old baby.My plan is as below

Sept 7- Reaching Zurich and travelling to Luzern.
    Sept 8- Travel to Mt Titlis/Mt Pilathus
    Sept 9- from Interlaken – Travel to Jungfrau
    Sept 10- From interlaken– Go to zermat and cath the Glacier Express..Get down at Chur and travel back to Zurich..

Can you please let me know what kind of pass(Swiss Flexi for 3 days or Half fare card) will be suitable for me?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    25 August 2011 at 6:06:07 #834036

Hi avi.cr,

I would prefer a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for your itinerary. The free travel days would be used for Zurich airport – Luzern, Luzern – Interlaken and the long trip on Sept 10. You can calculate exactly if you want, following these instructions. Perhaps you can fit in a boat trip on Lake Lucerne or Lake Brienz. It’s free on a free travel day.

Purchase options, prices and delivery dates of the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass are listed here. May be this offer is of interest, depending on where you’re from. These airport hotels in Zurich might come in handy, especially if you have an early flight on September 11.

Have a beautiful stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2011 at 3:46:43 #834037

Hello Moderator,
    Thanks for the reply..Your site is really wonderful with a lot of information. And the advice from you are very much appreciated.:-)

I have few more questions about the below trip,
    So you mean to say this special offer for 3 day flexi pass is vaild only via online? And if I decide to buy it after reaching Swiss, it snot possible?
    I have few more questions,
    1. Can I printout a ticket online?Or i need to wait for a delivery to me? Or is there any way I can book now via online and collect it at any ticket office when I am in Swiss? B’se i do not have sufficent days to wait for a ticket to come to me via mail.
    2. I am not able to choose dates when I do the bookings flexi 3 day pass. Any idea how do I Select the dates what I need for Flexi Pass
    3. Will I be getting 50% Discounts with Swiss Flexi on Jungfrau /Titlis Cable cars and on Glacier Express?
    4. Do I need to make a reservation for Glacier express booking well in advance. On I can approach any ticket office on Sept 7th for a ticket on Sept 10th?
    5. Will I be able to cover Mt Titlis/ Mt. Pilathus from Luzene in one day.
    6. Will it be possible to get a proper connection in the early morning from Interlaken to Zermatt to catch the Glacier Express.

Do you have better suggestion as per your experience.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful advice’s.

Awaiting for your reply.

Best Regards
    Avinash

Arno
    15478 posts
    26 August 2011 at 5:52:00 #834038

Hi Avinash,

I’m glad to hear that you like our website! As for your questions:

1. This specific offer cannot be purchased in Switzerland. Please fill out your country and travelers on the Swiss Flexi Pass page to see prices that are relevant to you specifically. You’ll then see if the offer is of interest to you at all. If you don’t live in Europe, you’ll see other resellers with even better prices. Buying in Switzerland is usually the most expensive option, as you can see on that page. All delivery options are on that page as well. Printing passes yourself is not possible.
    2. Depending on the reseller, they ask either the start date (first free travel day) or no date at all. The other dates can be filled out on the pass when you need them. You don’t have to decide in advance.
    3. You’ll get 50% off. The Jungfrau is 25% off. Please take a look at the map linked from the Swiss Flexi Pass page.
    4. I would advice to book seats well in advance. You can get them a few days before through the ticket office, but you’ll have to wait and see which (if any) seats are left.
    5. Yes, but it would be a long day. The timetable provides details.
    6. Please check the timetable for that as well.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘WHAT PASS CARD /SHOULD I BUY??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.