What Site to Purchase Passes from SBB/ Euro Rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2011 at 15:57:13 #804192

Hi again – confused on what site to purchase the Swiss Pass?? When I went on the SBB site it gave me a better rate for our family compared to the Euro Rail Site. We are a family of four – My son is 19 – (Youth Pass) 2 Adults and my daughter is 15. They said on the SBB site that since she is 15 she doesn’t need a ticke when traveling with an adult to include a family pass card??? Before I purchase and where I purchase the passes from is conflicting and confusing and with the cost I just want to make sure I am on a secure site. The Euro Rail site doesn’t offer a 15 Day Youth Swiss Pass compared to the SBB Site. Where it the best place to purchase the Swiss Pass from??? SBB , Euro Rail – My Switzerland???

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    3 April 2011 at 3:18:40 #832436

Hi merlin,

I understand your confusion. Many people wonder where to purchase. It depends on where you live, your preferences, exchange rates, etc. We have actually changed our website a couple of days ago, because of this reason. Resellers and prices can now easily be compared at the right hand side of each pass page. So may I suggest to visit the Swiss Pass page? I guess all your questions will be answered there. I noticed from your other posts that you are from the US. In that case the Swiss Pass page shows you that an online purchase is cheaper than purchasing in Switzerland.

More about the changes we made can be found in this topic.

Does this remove your confusion?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2011 at 13:44:24 #832437

Just purchased my ticket from the SBB – Swiss Rail site – ( It was a little bit more money) but I felt I that if I purchased from the Swiss Rail and if there was an issue when we were traveling in Switzerland with our tickets we would have better communication with the SBB then if we bought them elsewhere. Again – thank you for all your help!!

• The thread ‘What Site to Purchase Passes from SBB/ Euro Rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.