What to do in 3 days in montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 20:09:07 #812072

Hi Arno, Slowpoke and Lucas and the great team of people out there

i know this has been covered many times in the past but wondering if you could help with the following

Arrive late in Montreux Friday evening and staying next 3 days accommodation YHA

The YHA give out the Montreux Riveria Card and from what i have researched this is equivalent to half-fare card in most places so my itinary is as follows

Day 1.Saturday take the train to Geneva and explore, option on the way back to take a cruise, any suggestion where would be a nice place to take the cruise back to Montreux from probably late evening.

Day 2. on the Sunday depending on weather if looking good Saturday may do Rochers de Naye, am i right in the riveria card will take us free to Haut de Caux is this before or after Glion stop. From there walk up to Rochers de Naye and then walk down to Glion and take the walk from there down to Montreux through the Gorges du Chauderon. how easy is it to find the start of this walk. i know Arno/Slowpoke has told me how to get to the start of this walk from montreux. This will probably take all day to allow for photo opportunities, picnic etc.

Day 3.Explore Montreux – walk from the YHA which is near Chillion Castle – do we get any reduction with Riveria Card, continue on walking to Villenvue , can you go further than this – possible nature reserve area ?? crossing of river?? onto St.Gingolph and then catch the boat across to Lausanne. At Lausanne would like to walk the area and go up to the tower – how easy is this – any suggested route please.

Whilst in Lausanne would like to do a walk through the vineyards – what would be the best one for views etc – and continue the walk onto Montreux going through Vevey to see the Charlie Chaplin Statue and the fork in the lake. We are keen walkers and most of this walk will be on the flat alongside the lake.

is it possible to tell me what would the Riveria Card allow me to do – as it mentions free transport, so would any of the last section ie walk from Lausanne to montreux be able to get transport for free on??

Many thanks for your valuable help hope it makes sense

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 16:28:04 #864328

Hi Twiggy,

There is a link to the official website for lake Geneva boat trips on our page here (CGN). I think you are looking at a 18:10 departure from Lausanne to Montreux only – but there is a PDF schedule there for you to read through.

I’m not sure about the walk or walks you are looking for, however, you can find your old posts by clicking on your username if the answer is in an old post of yours (and Arno or Slowpoke may chime in here :)).

Try wanderland.ch for hiking routes as well as our page on the walk in Lavaux vineyards.

Yes you are correct about the Riviera Card – there is a PDF map on this web page here to help you with this and other questions on what is covered by it.

Lucas

• The thread ‘What to do in 3 days in montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.