What to do on May 27/28 2012 PUBLIC HOLIDAY??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2012 at 3:54:13 #805206

Hi,
    I was trying to plan some itinerary for a visit to Lucerne or Bern on 27/28 May but realised that it will be a public holiday for most cantons. Can I know what to plan as it is a public holiday? are places of interest open? by the way is going up to Jungfrau possible on 27th/28th May? Are co-op/ shops in Interlaken opened on public holidays?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    5 May 2012 at 6:36:52 #835913

Hello xunyicao,

On this web page you can find the status of public holidays in cantons and regions of Switzerland (click on type of holiday). I guess Co-op shops will be closed. If you can find a Volg shop there’s a chance it will be open.

How and where you can travel will be perfectly clear if you use the Timetable. No problem going up to Jungfraujoch on one of those days. Most, if not all, places of interest for tourists will be open.

Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2012 at 9:48:26 #835914

Hi,
    I am actually more interested to walk along the streets of Lucerne and Bern. Will the shops be opened? How about Brienz? As Brienz should be a small town, we would only like to walk along the streets but if it wouldn’t be open, I guess i will have to give Brienz a miss then.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    6 May 2012 at 4:20:24 #835915

Hi,

Not all, but many shops will be open on May 27 and May 28 in the cities you mention, especially shops interesting for tourists. This is what our Swiss friends told us.

• The thread ‘What to do on May 27/28 2012 PUBLIC HOLIDAY??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.