What to wear for Jungfrau in August

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2015 at 13:17:55 #807498

Hi,

i’ll be going jungfrau in coming early august. It is summer, i wonder if we need to prepare winter wear when we go to the top. I initially intended to just wear a thick sweater below my windbreaker, not too sure if this is enough or do i need a down jacket. I have not experience winter before as i come from a tropical country. Thanks much for your replies!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    1 July 2015 at 13:53:54 #844160

Hello Cplo221.

This link http://www.jungfrau.ch /en/quick-navigation/weather/ will show you today’s weather and that of the next 5 days. Have a look from time to time and you can follow what weather conditions will be at Jungfraujoch over the coming weeks. It is reasonable to expect temperatures for which you don’t need a down jacket.

Furthermore, you will probably visit Jungfraujoch when weather conditions are good. Many people feel that visiting Jungfraujoch in bad weather is a waste of money. In general chances of clear views there are better in the morning than in the afternoon.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2015 at 1:28:25 #844161

Thank you wandermann! It’s very helpful!

• The thread ‘What to wear for Jungfrau in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.