Travel pass to see much of Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2016 at 19:23:27 #809174

Hi everyone

My family of 4 will be spending a week in switzerland in July based in interlaken. We are flying into Basel Mulhouse and will be looking to travel by train from the airport to interlaken. We will be looking to see as much of the country, via the train, as possible during our stay. Would like to go on the Golden pass line journey and other journeys more local to interlaken. Havn’t booked any train journeys yet but I am considering purchasing one of the travel passes. Any advice on which one would be greatly appreciated. My 2 children are 16 and 22.

Thanks in advance, brian

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 May 2016 at 5:38:54 #851883

Hi Brian,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As you intend to see much of the country you will probably be making long trips. In that case the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is the best option. It includes free traveling by trains, buses and boats, free museum entrance, and discounts on mountain transport (cable cars, etc.). Your children qualify for the Youth version of the pass (15% off). You’ll find more information here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

There’s no need to book train journeys. The pass allows you to board any train you like. Only two tourist trains require seat reservations: myswissalps.com/ train/reservations.

• The thread ‘Travel pass to see much of Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.