Wheel chair access to natural sites

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2016 at 17:22:04 #809700

I plan to visit Switzeland for four days visiting natural sites like Jungfraujoch, Titlis etc. My wife has difficulty of walking long distance. I am planning to take her by wheel chair. Is these places are wheel chair access friendly?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    18 July 2016 at 7:53:39 #854273

Hi dakshin48, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Such sites can often be reached by wheelchair users. The Titlis cable cars and Jungfraujoch trains are wheelchair friendly. Once you’re up there, you’ll find that some platforms and activities are accessible and others aren’t. For example, you’ll definitely be able to enjoy the views from the platform at Titlis; some other activities such as the Ice Flyer and cliff walk won’t be possible. A foldable wheelchair would help to be more flexible. Contacting the companies operating the cable cars/railways will help you to find details, if necessary. Here are soms links to get started with:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2016 at 14:06:05 #854274

Thanks for your information. As suggested, iIhave planned to take a foldable wheel chair only. Since she will be able to walk short distance, some of the activities indicated may be possible. The links provided are useful.

• The thread ‘Wheel chair access to natural sites’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.