When does the Glacier Express start up in Dec 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 3:39:41 #811898

I believe the Glacier Express does not run from St Moritz to Zermatt between late October and Mid December. Does anyone know exactly what that startup date in Mid December 2017 actually is.? We are planning an 18 day trip to Switzerland during December 2017 and would like to travel via the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt approx between 14th and 17th December 2017. I cant seem to find any sites that state the actual date it will resume in December. Thank you….

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 5:16:53 #863602

Hi longservice, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

On the Glacier Express website, it says “There will be no Glacier Express trains running between 23.10. and 09.12.2017”, which seems to indicate they start up again on 10 December. That is probably right, as last year they started up on 11 December.

http://www.glacierexpress.ch/ en/travel-planning/timetables/

You will be able to confirm this when the new timetables for dates after 9 December 2017 are released in mid-October 2017. Usually bookings for dates after 9 December will not open before the new timetables are released anyway.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 7:09:10 #863603

Thank you Alpenrose, that makes a lot of sense. There’s a good chance it will be running again in time for our stay at St Moritz. I will keep an eye on things and wait for the new timetable….

Longservice

• The thread ‘When does the Glacier Express start up in Dec 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.