Where to go before and after Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2016 at 11:38:28 #810385

hi

I am traveling from Germany to Zermat . I will be leaving Black Forest on January 2cond. Then I have three days on my way to Zermatt. I already booked on the fifth Zermatt’s hotel. I am traveling with my husband and two kids one is nine And the other 15 years old. I am not sure about what Cities to visit on our way to Zermatt.

After Zermatt we have three more days to spend in Switzerland with no clue where to go.

I know Switzerland has many beautiful places can you please recommend me the best ones to stay on our way to zermatt, and on our way back to Black Forest.

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    26 November 2016 at 13:36:22 #857212

Hi Babeyeto, welcome to MySwissAlps!

What towns are best depends on your main interests. Do you prefer smaller mountain villages and do you want to explore Switzerland’s alpine scenery? Or do larger towns with lots of (shopping) facilities attract you? What kind of day trips are you interested in? Would you like to travel across the country or would you rather limit your amount of base towns? I recommend to discuss these questions with your family and then have a look at our list of regions and towns. Many tourists are attracted to the Bernese Oberland/Jungfrau region and the Lucerne area, so mind to check these as well. Also, our general tips on how to create an itinerary may be of help.

Does this get you started?

Cherylskis
    Participant
    1 post
    26 November 2016 at 22:23:44 #857213

My family likes to travel a few nights before and after our stay in Zermatt. This year we travel to the Valais region visiting Nandez for 5 nights, and Les Diablerets for 4 nights, before traveling to Zermatt. After Zermatt, we travel to Murren in the Bernese Oberland/Jungfrau region but Wengen and Grindelwald are also lovely. We chose these areas for the skiing and all our travel is by train.

• The thread ‘Where to go before and after Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.