Is Lucerne a good base for these attractions?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2015 at 16:31:25 #807921

I am planning a 7day trip in Switzerland with my husband. . arrival and departure at zurich.. I am planning to visit jungfrauh,mt pilatus,mt rigi,matterhorn,rhine falls..to visit all this places shall I put lucerne as the base or will I loose many hours for travelling.? Can u please suggest any other attractions in Switzerland. .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 September 2015 at 16:40:01 #846081

Hi sruthi,

Lucerne certainly makes a good base for some of your plans. Rigi and Pilatus can very well be visited from this town. The Jungfraujoch would be possible too, although that will be a long travel day. The Matterhorn near Zermatt is too far off; you can check traveling times using the timetable. So you can either skip this, or include another base town if you definitely want to see it. I suggest to visit the Rhine Falls on your arrival or departure day, as they can best be reached from Zurich.

Hotel suggestions for Lucerne can be found at http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels. Each the attraction pages I linked to describes how to get there, and as mentioned you can use the general timetable too.

• The thread ‘Is Lucerne a good base for these attractions?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.