Is Lucerne a good base for these attractions?

Is Lucerne a good base for these attractions?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sruthi
sruthi
4 posts
Sep 11, 2015 - 4:31 PM

I am planning a 7day trip in Switzerland with my husband. . arrival and departure at zurich.. I am planning to visit jungfrauh,mt pilatus,mt rigi,matterhorn,rhine falls..to visit all this places shall I put lucerne as the base or will I loose many hours for travelling.? Can u please suggest any other attractions in Switzerland. .

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2015 - 4:40 PM

Hi sruthi,

Lucerne certainly makes a good base for some of your plans. Rigi and Pilatus can very well be visited from this town. The Jungfraujoch would be possible too, although that will be a long travel day. The Matterhorn near Zermatt is too far off; you can check traveling times using the timetable. So you can either skip this, or include another base town if you definitely want to see it. I suggest to visit the Rhine Falls on your arrival or departure day, as they can best be reached from Zurich.

Hotel suggestions for Lucerne can be found at www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels. Each the attraction pages I linked to describes how to get there, and as mentioned you can use the general timetable too.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016