Where to spend a long weekend in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2020 at 11:13:29 #825036

As we have had a couple of lovely holidays in Switzerland my sister in law has asked me to suggest where to go for a long weekend in April. The main thing they are interested in is the mountains. I have suggested in order to get the most out of just a few days Lucerne or Interlaken may be best. Thay will be relying on trains and buses which is no problem with the brilliant public transport system. I am suggesting Lucerne as it has a lot to offer in the vicinity for a short visit. Several mountains Pilatis, Rigi, Titlisbut the lake cruises. Would you agree? I have also suggested the Jungfrau area but not sure if they would get as much out of that in a few days and at that time of year. I am also wondering if the mountain trains are open in April although I imagine cable cars are. I am not sure as we went in June. Also is there a transport ticket it is worth getting for a few days again not sure on this as we were there for 2 weeks so bought the travel pass

• The thread ‘Where to spend a long weekend in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.