Rhine Falls/Black forest or Bern with kids?

Rhine Falls/Black forest or Bern with kids?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rohini
rohini
7 posts
Apr 8, 2016 - 9:51 AM

hello,planning 2 nites in Zurich..

which of these day trips is worth a visit with kids ages 7 years and 13 years - rhine falls/ blackforest/ or Bern? or can i cover 2 of these in one day?

personal interests include countryside kind of places,good food,cheese,chocolates,kids centric outings.

Would like to explore zurich old town and city on the other day,before moving to lucerne and interlaken.

Thank you.

Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
Apr 8, 2016 - 6:30 PM in reply to rohini

Hi Rohini,

This really depends on where your kids are interested in; especially the 13 year old I presume. For the younger one, a trip to the Rhine Falls and Black Forest might be too much traveling. Quite some time traveling by bus. Please see www.viator.com/tours/Z urich/Black-Forest-and-Rhine-Falls-Day-Trip-from-Zurich to get some understanding of such a day trip. More than half the tour is sitting in a bus.

Bern is an hour by train from Zurich. They probably like the bear pit but I don't know whether they would like the rest of the town. A trip to Mount Pilatus or the interactive Transport Museum in Lucerne might be more exciting for them than a city trip.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2659 posts
expert
Apr 9, 2016 - 12:10 AM in reply to Annika

<<I don't know whether they would like the rest of the town. ">

In Bern, maybe a walk from the Bahnhof to the Nydegg Bridge, with a look at each fountain on the way? Especially the Kinderfresser...

Besides the Transport Museum in Luzern, there is a large playground close to the Verkehrshaus, good perhaps for the younger child.

Slowpoke

rohini
rohini
7 posts
Apr 9, 2016 - 9:29 AM

Thank you for all those details and ideas.

Very useful in planning.Would probably include the transport museum while in lucerne and reconsider the blackforest bit.

Thanks again.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016