which excursions to do in a 14 day swiss trip

• mukeshf
    Participant
    5 posts
    26 November 2014 at 8:39:00 #806733

Hi,

I am going to switzerland for 15 days from 20th may 2015 to 3 june.I would be buying a swiss pass for 15 days. I would like your help in deciding which excursions to do during that period. The following are the excursions i am interested in : Jungfrauch, titlis, matterhorn paradise, gornergrat, mount rigi, mount pilatus, schilthorn, stanserhorn.

Kindly advise me which of the above excursions are worth doing. I would do possibly 4 excursions from the above list excluding mount rigi as it is free.I just dont want the excursions to be repetitive in nature.

Thank you, waiting for your advise

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 November 2014 at 8:01:21 #841346

Hi mukeshf,

Well, they’re basically all worth it so you can’t make a bad decision. Each of these excursions offers a unique experience. For example: Mount Rigi is a friendly green mountain with hiking trails and a wonderful view on the top, reached by cogwheel train. Mount Titlis is a snow covered peak reached by a revolving cable car. Stanserhorn has an open deck cable car which is very special. Schilthorn has its famous revolving restaurant and a stunning view of the Jungfrau massif. They’re all very different so I would recommend to check them out on our website, see what appeals most to you, and make a choice based on the information and pictures there. You can find all excursions here. See the Swiss Travel Pass page to find out about discounts.

Do note that you need to base yourself in different towns as the mountains you listed are spread across the country. Lucerne, Interlaken and Zermatt, or nearby villages, allow you to easily reach all of them.

Please let me know if the information on our website helps you choose.

• The thread ‘which excursions to do in a 14 day swiss trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.