Which Pass or Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2011 at 11:11:41 #804390

Hello,
    We’re arriving in Switzerland July 5 flying into Geneva and we need to reach Montreux by train, staying there until July 8 then shifting over to Lauterbrunnen. From there, we want to reach Jungfrauch and the Matterhorn (yes, quite a day trip!) with freedom to travel on these days in BOB region. In Montreux, we would expect use of transports and free/discounted access to a boat ride. We leave Lauterburnnen July 13 with need of a train to Paris.

Given our itinerary, which pass/card seems to fit best? This is our honeymoon (married June 4) but we’d like to keep our travel budget modest. Accomodations are all booked. I should add that I’m 29
    and my wife is 25 but any of the Saver options still seem best…
    Sincerest thanks,
    — Marco and Samantha from Toronto, Canada

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 June 2011 at 13:45:23 #833142

Congratulations on your marriage Marco and Samantha! A trip to the Swiss Alps is a very good start of the rest of your lifes! It sounds like a Swiss Saver Pass would be your best option. It covers all of your travels (either free of discounted), and gives you the freedom of changing your plans or do something extra (like the free boats from Montreux or on the lakes near Lauterbrunnen). The most economical option would be an 8-day 2nd class Swiss Saver Pass starting on July 6. You need single tickets Geneva Airport – Montreux for July 5. On July 13, you can travel to Basel for free. From Basel, you would need tickets for the TGV train to Paris (these can be ordered along with your pass if you want).

All details about the pass and the purchase options are on the Swiss Pass page.

Have a beautiful honeymoon!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2011 at 20:01:10 #833143

In regards to the Swiss Saver Pass, it is no issue that my wife is 25 and I am 29 at the start and during the trip? Web site is very distinct about age restrictions… it works out less than 1 adult and 1 youth too.

Thanks again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2011 at 20:35:25 #833144

Additionally as we leave Canada this Thursday June 16, we are unable to buy the Swiss Pass online. They can be readily bought at the train station (CFF in Geneva is our first)?

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 June 2011 at 0:44:17 #833145

Hi Marco and Samantha,

Are you referring to our website? Your ages are no problem to use the Swiss Saver Pass. Travelers who can use this pass together are listed in the upper right corner of our Swiss Pass page. It shows local and online prices as well. You can buy the pass in the Geneva, but it’s a bit more expensive. You can indeed use it right away.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

• The thread ‘Which Pass or Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.