Which Pass to buy?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2011 at 10:26:22 #804203

I’ll be travelling to Switzerland for 15 days from 1 Jun. I’ve done a swiss card comparison (swiss saver pass, swiss flexi saver pass, half fare card etc) an found that the half fare card seems to be the cheapest option for me. Have I missed out anything? I’m travelling with my wife and 13 years old daughter (which I believe it’s free for her w the STS Family Card). My itinerary (only the train travel trip) is as follows:

Day 1 – Geneva Airport to Montreux (CHF 55 per first class ticket per adult)
    Day 2 – Chocolate Train
    Day 3 – Montreux to Zermatt (CHF 114 … )
    Day 6 – Zermatt to Locarno via Simplon Pass and Centovalli Train (CHF 166 …. )
    Day 8 – Locarno – Lugano (CHF 29 …. )
    Day 10 – Lugano to St. Moritz via Bernina Express (CHF 75 …. )
    Day 12 – St. Moritz to Bern (CHF 165 …. )
    Day 14 – Bern to Geneva (CHF 78 …. )

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    10 April 2011 at 5:02:50 #832497

Hello tyongchi, and welcome! You’re right, the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best deal for the itinerary you listed. Chocolate train prices can be found here (even including these prices, the Swiss Half Fare Card is the cheapest option). Your daughter will indeed travel along for free with the STS Family Card.

Have a great stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2011 at 9:28:16 #832498

Thanks for your prompt reply. I’m thinking of sending in one of my luggage from Geneva Airport train station on Day 1 and collect from Zermatt station on Day 3. Is this possible?

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 April 2011 at 5:32:57 #832499

Hi tyonghchi. Yes, this is possible using the SBB’s baggage service.

• The thread ‘Which Pass to buy?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.