Which pass to buy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2011 at 13:46:49 #804678

Hi,
    I am planning to travel to switzerland in Dec (2 Adults).
    My schedule in Switzerland is as follows:-

23rd Dec- Reach Zurich by flight
    24th Dec- Go to Lucerne
    25th Dec- Go to Mt Titlis
    26th Dec- Go to interlaken
    27th Dec- go to jungfraujoch
    28th Dec- Plan to visit some city from interlaken and come back
    29th Dec- Go to paris

Which Pass I should buy Half price card or Swiss pass?
    Does these passes give discounts in tram also?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    6 September 2011 at 13:48:51 #834137

Hello parimalprakash. Which pass is best, depends on your exact plans (for example: the city you plan to visit at December 28, or some trips you may want to make on December 24 and 26). Both the Swiss Half Fare Card and the 8 day Swiss Pass would work for you, but you can make calculations to find out for sure which one is cheapest.

A Swiss Pass is most comfortable, as you don’t need any additional tickets for regular train rides. Boat trips over lakes (near Lucerne and Interlaken) are included too. Urban transportation including trams is for free in many of the larger Swiss towns. You’ll find further details (including a link to the area of validity) and purchase options at the Swiss Pass page.

Does that help you out? Regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2011 at 14:57:02 #834138

How much trip to Mt Titlis will cost from lucerne with half fare card and swiss pass and same question for interlaken to jungfraujoch?
    What is the diff between swiss pass and swiss saver pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2011 at 14:01:10 #834139

if by tram you mean gondolas and cable cars and the cogwheel train up to Jungfraujoch–nono–they are not free on any pass. make sure to doublecheck this before you go. Switzerland has become extremely expensive and you need to choose wisely. In addition to that– the weather plays a big role.
    I was recently there and had a half pass or card. But even with that prices were high and due to much rain the pass was not used enough to pay for itself.
    It is a beautiful country, but going up the mountains takes time, time, time- please take that into account.
    Also getting around by train takes time.
    Research well, plan well and then be surprised. I will have all my Switzerland pics up on my website way before your trip-maybe in a month. it is: photographicdelights.org and it will be under travel swiitzerland .
    Enjoy surfing– it is free.

Annika
    7103 posts
    8 September 2011 at 13:36:31 #834140

Hi parimalprakash. The Swiss Saver Pass is for two or more people traveling together. This is all explained at the Swiss Pass page. The map we link to there shows the area of validity and the amount of discounts. By reviewing regular prices through the timetable, the Titlis website and the Jungfraujoch website, you’ll be able to calculate the costs with your Swiss Pass.

• The thread ‘Which pass to buy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.