Which pass will be best for 5 days trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2016 at 20:03:00 #809758

Hi All,

Me and my wife are planning to visit swiss in 5days.

Day1: reach Geneva and visit Montreux and Lausanne.

Day2: visit Interlaken

Day3: visit joungfrau

Day4: visit mt titlis, lucern

Day5: Zurich and Rhine falls and take flight in eve from Basel.

Please suggest which pass will be thet Best.

Thanks,

AMit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 July 2016 at 18:53:56 #854579

Hi AMit,

If you want to be sure which pass is best, you can make calculations using this step by step explanation. Looking at your plans, I’d say a Swiss Half Fare Card could be the most economical solution. It’s not the most convenient one though, as you’ll have to buy discounted tickets for each trip. So you might see whether a Swiss Travel Pass appeals to you more. The 8 day variant would cover all of your days, which would be most convenient. However, a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass plus regular tickets for day 1 may work as well. I’m not sure if you’d need a single journey Geneva-Lausanne-Montreux or return tickets though. Anyway, doing the math as mentioned above, based on all details of your itinerary, will get you some answers.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Which pass will be best for 5 days trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.