Itinerary help for 10 days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2017 at 15:50:33 #811159

Hello everyone.

First of all, I would like to thank and show appreciation toward myswissalps.com. I have learnt a lot from here.

So my group of 10, which consists of 4 adults, 3 youths, 1 child and 2 senior citizens, have decided to visit Switzerland in July 2017,(11 to 21) for 10 days.

We will be covering the following places:-

Mount Titlis, Rigi, Maison Cailler, Lake Luzern, Jungfraujoch, Rhine falls, Transport museum, Fifa museum, and various local attractions in Interlaken,Zurich and Lucern.

We will stay in Lucern for 2 nights, Interlaken for 4 nights, and Zurich for 2 nights.

We will explore these cities in the evening after completing trips in the morning.

We still have 2 days vacant. So can you please advise me which places should we cover in these 2 days. We have dropped Pilatus. We are unsure about Zermatt.

We are open to all suggestions. Also, should we go to Geneva or visit other attractions in these 2 days. It would be very helpful if you could suggest places which shouldn’t be missed.

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2017 at 7:10:11 #860363

Hi bhavinab and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It depends on what you might like to see and do on those extra 2 days. Are you looking for more mountain experiences – in that case a trip to Zermatt for 2 days would indeed be a good idea.

Another town which is quite popular is Montreux, on Lake Geneva. From here you can visit chocolate and cheese factories, the Rochers-de-Naye and travel to the city on the Golden Pass panoramic train from Interlaken. If you want, you can also make a day trip to Geneva from here as well.

Are you traveling by train while you are here? You may like to read through our rail pass page for the best options to suit you and your group.

I hope that helps narrow down your options, if you have specific requests please let me know!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 15:19:25 #860364

Hello Lucas, this is my rough itinerary.

Day 1 – Reach Zurich. Zurich to Luzern. Explore Luzern, Visit Rigi.

Day 2 – Visit Mt.Titlis. Explore Luzern ( Transport museum, Lake Lucern).

Day 3 – Lucern – Montreux. Explore Montreux or go to Geneva.

Day 4 – Visit Broc-Fabrique.

Day 5 – Montreal to Zermatt. Is it possible to visit Matterhorn in the afternoon?

Day 6 – Zermatt to Interlaken.

Day 7 – Visit Jungfraujoch

Day 8 and Day 9 – Stay in Interlaken

Day 10 – Interlaken to Zurich. Visit Rheinfalls.

Day 11 – Zurich to Mumbai.

We are buying Swiss flexi pass 8 days. Hence Day 8 and 9 will be used to explore local Interlaken. Day 11, we will buy bus tickets for airport.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 17:28:51 #860365

Your itinerary looks good – well thought out and not too much on each day!

Day 5: You can’t visit the Matterhorn. You can go to Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn however which are great trips.

Lucas

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 March 2017 at 17:57:04 #860366

Hi Bhavinab,

Regarding your Swiss Travel Pass Flex: this pass can’t be printed at home yet, but even with shipping included you will pay a lower price via http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 rather than buying in Switzerland. Also this will save you a lot of time upon arrival as you prevent queueing for a ticket office and arranging a pass for your large group on the spot. As you live in India you may want to check the Indian site http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82 as well, but I expect them to be more expensive.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 18:23:54 #860367

Thanks a lot Lucas for your input. You rock.

Am I stupid to not explore Zurich?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 18:28:30 #860368

Thank you Arno. I love all the moderators and this wonderful site.

As you know, we have 2 days without any travel (8&9). However, I (Not my group) want to go to Bern during day 8. So can you suggest some type of pass, or should I buy point to point tickets?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 5:43:52 #860369

Hi bhavinab,

I think Zurich is worth a day maybe – but I find most other towns in Switzerland prettier (its a big banking town for Switzerland with a small historic part of town and a nice lake).

I think for Bern I would look at point to point tickets, if you have used up your Swiss Travel Pass Flex. There isn’t a pass that would be worth the cost just to and from Bern for a day. You can decide when in Switzerland and look into Supersaver tickets (these must be used on specific trains but can be quite cheap if you find one that works for you).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 8:43:55 #860370

Okay. I will check Supersaver tickets.

Thank you Lucas and Arno.

• The thread ‘Itinerary help for 10 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.