Which rail pass is best suited for me

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2014 at 7:28:51 #806273

We are family of four. My girls age 16 & 21. We are reaching Zurich on June 4, 2014 and leaving on June 8, 2014. We are staying at Interlaken for 3 nights and 1 night at Zurich. Would like to know how to make my trip most memorable. Which rail pass is best for us? Where all we can visit in 4 days. We are reaching Zurich in the morning at 0700 hrs and our check in at Interlaken is at 1600 hrs. How to reach Interlaken and what to do on 1st day?

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    27 March 2014 at 9:48:08 #839641

Hi Meera, welcome to MySwissAlps,

The first step is to find out which trips/excursions you’ll probably be making during your stay. Suggestions for the area can be found on the Interlaken page. On the first day, since you arrive late in the afternoon, you can best explore town. It’s too late for mountain excursions, although a quick visit to Harder Kulm should be possible. Interlaken is not that big so you don’t need more than a few hours to roam around and shop for souvenirs. That way you can spend your remaining days in the region around town, which is far more beautiful than Interlaken itself.

The second step is to pick a rail pass. A 4-day Regional Pass Bernese Oberland may fit your needs, or a 4-day Swiss Pass if you plan to make longer trips from Interlaken. Follow these instructions to decide.

Recommended hotels in Interlaken can be found here, and here for Zurich.

• The thread ‘Which rail pass is best suited for me’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.