Which rail pass for France, Switzerland and Italy

• mc1911
    Participant
    2 posts
    22 February 2017 at 17:04:08 #810873

Hi,

My family of 4 <2 Adult + 2 Youth> will be travelling from London to France, Switzerland and Italy in July.

My itenerary as below shown-

9th – 11th – France

11th – 14th – Switzerland

14th – 16th – Milan

16th – 18th – Venice

18th – 21th – Sorrento

21th – 24th – Positano

24th – 27th – Rome

I am a little bit confuse on which rail pass to purchase in order to get the best benefit out of each rail pass.

Would be very much appreciated if you could kindly help me out. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 7:04:48 #859254

Hi mc1911,

I think that since most of your travel is outside of Switzerland, a Eurail Select pass may be best for you.
    You can buy a 3 or 4 country pass (UK, France, Switzerland and Italy). Check out our page for the Eurail Select Pass for pricing information and where it is valid.

You may also benefit from purchasing a Swiss Half-Fare Card to get rail discounts while in Switzerland.
    Do you know where you are visiting in Switzerland and what attractions you want to see? That will help you decide on the best rail pass for you.

Lucas

mc1911
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 February 2017 at 8:10:29 #859255

Hi Lucas,

We r coming in from Paris thru Basel via Interlaken and stay at Wengen. We only concentrate on Jungfraujoch region. After this we will proceed to Milan.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 February 2017 at 10:37:37 #859256

Hi mc1911,

Both passes Lucas mentioned could work, and even a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass is worth your consideration. It would work from Basel all the way to Domodossola where you’d leave Switzerland on your way to Milan. I’d recommend to take a look at the provided links. All details to make a choice are on those pages. Feel free to let us know if any questions remain after that.

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for France, Switzerland and Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.