Which Swiss Pass as per my Iterinary?

Which Swiss Pass as per my Iterinary?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
pratikdu
pratikdu
4 posts
Mar 11, 2012 - 7:23 AM
Hi,
I would be travelling to Switzerland (to and return from Zurich) on 21st March on a 5 day trip with my wife and 3 year old daughter. We are more interested in viewing Scenic beauty of Switzerland like Snowclad mountains rather than museums.
I would be reaching on Wednesday afternoon to Zurich and have a return flight on Sunday Evening from Zurich. Based on what ever little I have read, I am currently finalizing on my Iternary and to be honest a little confused on which one to go for and what would be cheaper.

Plan 1:
Wed
Zurich to Lucerne
Overnight at Lucerne
Thurs
Lucern to Mount Titlis
Evening Lucernt to Interlaken
Overnight at Interlaken
Fri
Interlaken to Jungfrau
Overnight at Interlaken
Saturday
Interlaken to Zermatt and back to Interlaken
Overnight at Interlaken
Sunday
Take Morning train to Zurich and spend day at Zurich and catch the late evening flight.

Plan 2:

Wed
Zurich to Interlaken
Overnight at Interlaken
Thursday
Interlaken to Jungfrau
Overnight at Interlaken
Friday
Interlaken to Zermatt and back to Interlaken
Interlaken to Lucerne
Overnight at Lucerne
Saturday
Lucerne to Mount Titlis
Evening train to Zurich
Sunday
Explore Zurich
Return flight from Zurich

Queries:
1. I am aware that I need to take atleast one type of Swiss Pass for my travel. Confused about which one and also if I order it today, will it reach UK (near Manchester) before my travel date?
2. Any suggestions/ changes in current plan(s) is most welcome and can change it. I have thought of 2 plans and need suggestion on which one would be better and/or more economical.
3. Is Zermatt achievable and recommended or something else can be planned?

Best Regards,
Pratik
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Mar 11, 2012 - 9:31 AM
Hello pratik! There's not much difference between your first and second itinerary, except for the order of your plans. As a consequence, there's not much difference cost-wise either. For both travel schemes, a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good option. You can use free travel days for the first and last day of your stay, plus one extra day during your stay on which you plan to make the longest and most expensive trip (that will be your day trip to Zermatt). On the remaining days, a 50% discount will be granted. Please consult the timetable for details on each trip.

Yes, if you order a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass today, it will arrive in time. Just enter the UK as your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Flexi Pass page for an overview of available resellers. Clicking 'Show more information' will provide you with details on shipping, the expected delivery date and payment.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
pratikdu
pratikdu
4 posts
Mar 11, 2012 - 10:26 AM
Hi Annika,
Thanks for your reply. The 3 day flexi pass gave me another option which I didn't think of. Just to confirm one more thing, if I take a 4 day pass (not flexi), I just pay additional 9 GBP and get another day. I am not too sure about the cost of Interlaken to Mount Titlis. Is it fully covered by the Swiss Pass ? Will it be better to take 3 day flexi pass with 50% discount for this trip (like you mentioned) or a 4 day Swiss Pass with this also covered and as per my Plan 2, I would reach Zurich on Saturday late evening and hence would not travel in/out of Zurich on Sunday so won't need the pass.
Hope you can help me out so that I can order the right pass today.

Best Regards,
Pratik
Arno
Arno
7343 posts
expert &
Mar 11, 2012 - 2:47 PM
Hi Pratik,

If you can do it in 4 days of traveling then indeed a 4-day Swiss Pass would be the cheaper option as it costs just a bit more. A Zurich Card could be worth your consideration for your last day. The cable car to mount Titlis is discounted by 50%, the rest of the trip from Interlaken is free. As you live in the UK, ordering the pass can best be done through swisstravelsystem.co.uk.

In case you still need to book hotels, you may want to take a look at these suggestions of hotels near the attractions and rail stations.

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Nov 17, 2014 - 5:27 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016