Which Swiss Pass as per my Iterinary?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 6:23:34 #805000

Hi,
    I would be travelling to Switzerland (to and return from Zurich) on 21st March on a 5 day trip with my wife and 3 year old daughter. We are more interested in viewing Scenic beauty of Switzerland like Snowclad mountains rather than museums.
    I would be reaching on Wednesday afternoon to Zurich and have a return flight on Sunday Evening from Zurich. Based on what ever little I have read, I am currently finalizing on my Iternary and to be honest a little confused on which one to go for and what would be cheaper.

Plan 1:
    Wed
    Zurich to Lucerne
    Overnight at Lucerne
    Thurs
    Lucern to Mount Titlis
    Evening Lucernt to Interlaken
    Overnight at Interlaken
    Fri
    Interlaken to Jungfrau
    Overnight at Interlaken
    Saturday
    Interlaken to Zermatt and back to Interlaken
    Overnight at Interlaken
    Sunday
    Take Morning train to Zurich and spend day at Zurich and catch the late evening flight.

Plan 2:

Wed
    Zurich to Interlaken
    Overnight at Interlaken
    Thursday
    Interlaken to Jungfrau
    Overnight at Interlaken
    Friday
    Interlaken to Zermatt and back to Interlaken
    Interlaken to Lucerne
    Overnight at Lucerne
    Saturday
    Lucerne to Mount Titlis
    Evening train to Zurich
    Sunday
    Explore Zurich
    Return flight from Zurich

Queries:
    1. I am aware that I need to take atleast one type of Swiss Pass for my travel. Confused about which one and also if I order it today, will it reach UK (near Manchester) before my travel date?
    2. Any suggestions/ changes in current plan(s) is most welcome and can change it. I have thought of 2 plans and need suggestion on which one would be better and/or more economical.
    3. Is Zermatt achievable and recommended or something else can be planned?

Best Regards,
    Pratik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    11 March 2012 at 9:31:40 #835116

Hello pratik! There’s not much difference between your first and second itinerary, except for the order of your plans. As a consequence, there’s not much difference cost-wise either. For both travel schemes, a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good option. You can use free travel days for the first and last day of your stay, plus one extra day during your stay on which you plan to make the longest and most expensive trip (that will be your day trip to Zermatt). On the remaining days, a 50% discount will be granted. Please consult the timetable for details on each trip.

Yes, if you order a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass today, it will arrive in time. Just enter the UK as your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Flexi Pass page for an overview of available resellers. Clicking ‘Show more information’ will provide you with details on shipping, the expected delivery date and payment.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 10:26:16 #835117

Hi Annika,
    Thanks for your reply. The 3 day flexi pass gave me another option which I didn’t think of. Just to confirm one more thing, if I take a 4 day pass (not flexi), I just pay additional 9 GBP and get another day. I am not too sure about the cost of Interlaken to Mount Titlis. Is it fully covered by the Swiss Pass ? Will it be better to take 3 day flexi pass with 50% discount for this trip (like you mentioned) or a 4 day Swiss Pass with this also covered and as per my Plan 2, I would reach Zurich on Saturday late evening and hence would not travel in/out of Zurich on Sunday so won’t need the pass.
    Hope you can help me out so that I can order the right pass today.

Best Regards,
    Pratik

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 March 2012 at 14:47:46 #835118

Hi Pratik,

If you can do it in 4 days of traveling then indeed a 4-day Swiss Pass would be the cheaper option as it costs just a bit more. A Zurich Card could be worth your consideration for your last day. The cable car to mount Titlis is discounted by 50%, the rest of the trip from Interlaken is free. As you live in the UK, ordering the pass can best be done through swisstravelsystem.co.u k.

In case you still need to book hotels, you may want to take a look at these suggestions of hotels near the attractions and rail stations.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Which Swiss Pass as per my Iterinary?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.