Which Swiss rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2013 at 17:22:21 #806094

I need advice about which Swiss rail pass to buy. We are agroup of 9 women who will be hiking around the Bernese Oberland in September.Here are the trains and cable cars we will be using:

Day 1-Zurich airport to Murren
    Day 2-cable car to Shilthorn-up and down
    Day 3-funicular to Allmandhubel-up only
    Day 4-cogwheel train from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte only
    Day 5-no rail
    Day 6-Pfingstegg cable- up and down
    Day 7-Mannlichen cable up only, train to Jungfraujoch
    Day-8 train from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen
    Day-9 no rail
    Day 10- no rail
    Day 11-train from Murren to Luzern
    Day 12-train from Luzern to Zurich airport

We will all be traveling together except for the last 2days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    9 July 2013 at 0:13:36 #839012

Hello linny130,

I would say that you consider either the Swiss Card (which includes the transfer to and from Mürren for free and 50% discounts on further trips) or the Swiss Card combined with Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland (which includes free unlimited traveling about everywhere in the Bernese Oberland). In the latter case, you’ll get a 25% discount on the Regional-Pass. You can get both passes in the Swiss Railways webshop.

Feel free to let me know if you have further questions. Please include your country of residence in that case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2013 at 10:32:41 #839013

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Which Swiss rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.