Which trains can be boarded using BO regional pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 16:32:15 #809383

Hello All,

I am planning for a holiday in interlaken from 25th till 28th (4 days) with my family (2 adults and a child). I will be reaching interlaken from Milan. Plan is to visit lucerne and jungfrau top too. What is the best travel pass i can look for? As i understand BO pass is valid from Brig – Bern – Lucerne. Is Bernese oberland 4 days pass the best option for me? What type trains can i board using BO pass. I heard that it is not valid for Eurocity trains. can anyone help me in listig out the trains and buses in which BO pass is valid.

With Regards, Chandra

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 June 2016 at 17:29:58 #852741

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps. The pass covers routes. The mode of transport or type of train does not matter. Please see here for all covered routes: myswissalps.com/ regionalpass berneseoberland/validi ty.

One thing to keep in mind is that it only covers the Brig to Spiez route via Kandersteg (you can verify it on the downloadable map). It does not cover the quicker direct route, but the slower route is more scenic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 18:28:52 #852742

Hello Arno,

From the BO website, i see that pass is valid per person for 4 days (210 Euros approx). Is there any possibility of getting a family pass (which me and my wife can use)? I guess for kids under 6 years travelling in switzerland is free. Am i correct?

With Regards, Chandra

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 June 2016 at 19:46:10 #852743

Hi Chandra,

Indeed, kids up to 5 travel for free. Please see the Price tab on the page Arno referred to.

You would usually pay in CHF (Swiss francs), please see the web shop: http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/regionalbe rneseoberlandpass. Prices in EUR might be more expensive. There is no family pass.

• The thread ‘Which trains can be boarded using BO regional pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.