Wilderswil in early December

• Lovella1218
    Participant
    9 posts
    21 August 2016 at 19:20:59 #809950

Hi, this would be a new thread for me since I have changed plan for Switzerland.

I am looking at staying in Wilderswil as a base from 3-6 December 2016. I am planning to have the following itinerary:

3rd Dec – Since we will be coming from Alsace france so we consider this day as rest day when we arrive in Winderswil and maybe just go around the village instead.

4th Dec – Go to Bern for sightseeing and Christmas Markets. Is it advisable to take a side trip to Gruyeres from Bern and back maybe in mid day since I have read that halfday in Bern is more than enough. I hope someone could advise me on this:)

5th Dec – I have not decided where to go on this but planning to go to Lauterbrunnen, Murren & Gimmelwald, would this be a good idea? Or what other activities can we take on this day?

6th Dec – We will leave early for Zermatt.

Any suggestions on the above. I am more than happy to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lovella

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 August 2016 at 9:32:51 #855394

Hi Lovella,

As for December 3: Wilderswil is a small town without much sightseeing options, but a simple stroll is of course an option. The walk over to Gsteig, across the rail tracks, is nice.

Half a day in Bern is enough to see the old town center, but it may not enough if you also want to see museums and Christmas markets. Sure, you can visit Gruyères in the morning and Bern in the afternoon.

December 5: yes, do spend a day in the area as well. Suggestions are here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities. Note that hiking trails in high terrain will be closed around that time.

• The thread ‘Wilderswil in early December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.