Wine train-lavaux- please advice

Wine train-lavaux- please advice

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kavitha
kavitha
7 posts
Aug 23, 2011 - 6:06 PM
Hi,

I would be in Montreux on sep 1st 2011.Want to visit the Lavaux vineyards.Since I would be traveling with kids I can't walk along the trails for a long while but want to do a short one.My plan is to take the wine train from vevey to puidoux via Chexbres. My questions-
1.Would it be better to get down at Chexbres instead of going to Puidoux (presuming train stops there)?Are there wine trails in Chexbres where I can walk a little while?
2. How far is St.Saphorin by foot from Chexbres?
3. Tried to get the train timings from vevey but cant.Any site from where I can get the details?
4. Is wine train covered by Swiss pass?

Kindly help.
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 24, 2011 - 3:35 PM
Hello kavitha! The train stations on the route Vevey-Puidoux can be found in the general Swiss timetable. Just enter Vevey as your departure station and fill out your destination as well. Does that help you to check trains from Vevey? I think this overview of the Montreux tourism website will be of great help for your planning. There's not detailed description of all hiking options, but there are so many paths between the vineyards that it won't be a problem to get out at either Chexbres or Puidoux and make a short tour on foot from there. You'll be able to estimate distances when using a detailed map, such as map.search.ch.

Yes, the Wine Train from Vevey to Puidoux is included in the Swiss Pass.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016