Wine train-lavaux- please advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2011 at 16:06:44 #804633

Hi,

I would be in Montreux on sep 1st 2011.Want to visit the Lavaux vineyards.Since I would be traveling with kids I can’t walk along the trails for a long while but want to do a short one.My plan is to take the wine train from vevey to puidoux via Chexbres. My questions-
    1.Would it be better to get down at Chexbres instead of going to Puidoux (presuming train stops there)?Are there wine trails in Chexbres where I can walk a little while?
    2. How far is St.Saphorin by foot from Chexbres?
    3. Tried to get the train timings from vevey but cant.Any site from where I can get the details?
    4. Is wine train covered by Swiss pass?

Kindly help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 August 2011 at 15:35:29 #833987

Hello kavitha! The train stations on the route Vevey-Puidoux can be found in the general Swiss timetable. Just enter Vevey as your departure station and fill out your destination as well. Does that help you to check trains from Vevey? I think this overview of the Montreux tourism website will be of great help for your planning. There’s not detailed description of all hiking options, but there are so many paths between the vineyards that it won’t be a problem to get out at either Chexbres or Puidoux and make a short tour on foot from there. You’ll be able to estimate distances when using a detailed map, such as map.search.ch.

Yes, the Wine Train from Vevey to Puidoux is included in the Swiss Pass.

• The thread ‘Wine train-lavaux- please advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.