2-day trip to Switzerland in winter; where to go?

• Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    2 August 2016 at 14:30:28 #809798

I intend to go to Switzerland in January 2017. What is the best option for me to go there? I intend to go to Paris by Eurostar from London…. How am I going to Switzerland to Swiss alps. Do I have to take TGV to Zurich or Basel then take another train to Lucerne. Can you advise me the best way to go to Switzerland from London. Is there any discount ticket during winter. Maybe I should buy Swiss pass ticket for my journey. I intend to spend in Switzerland for 2 days then will continue my holiday in Paris before going back to London to fly back to my country

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 August 2016 at 8:12:14 #854761

Hi Hafizah,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! If you intend to visit Lucerne you can take a train from Paris to Basel and change to Lucerne there. Last year the hotels offered a free Tell-Pass. Just keep an eye on our website as we’ll announce this if it will be offered again. All passes are explained here.

Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    3 August 2016 at 14:49:59 #854762

Thank you for your promt reply

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2016 at 18:04:13 #854763

Hello,

It is a very long trip to Switserland and back to Parijs for only 2 days.

Is it not beter to fly from London to Switserland, by train to Parijs and fly back ? It save you a lot of travel time.

Greetings Brahms from the Netherlands.

Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    3 August 2016 at 18:56:19 #854764

Tqvm I think I should try as you suggested to fly to the destination that I intend to go. I intend to spend 2 days in Switzerland then back to Paris stay in Paris 2 days then proceed to UK and finish my vacation in UK for another week

• The thread ‘2-day trip to Switzerland in winter; where to go?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.