Wonderful trip to Switzerland!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2015 at 8:34:26 #808035

What a wonderful trip to Switzerland!

Thanks a ton to Arno & Annika who helped us in planning our iternary and this site is fabulous with so much information on it which is very very helpful in exploring Switzerland and planning our trip in early October. Thanks to the reporters who has mentioned their experiences which was also helpful in identifying good places and places to enjoy.

I would like to share my experience too as a report here as it might useful to someone in their planning as it worked out for me when I was reading other’s reports on this Forum.

Day 1:

We landed at Zurich Airport in the morning around 11 and checked in the nearby airport Hotel to keep our luggage. Then we started our journey to Rhine falls by 1 PM. We booked 4 days Swiss Travel pass through online and took a printout from home itself as suggested by Annika. That was quite easy for our travelling in various trains, trams and buses. We enjoyed our time in Rhine falls and started back to Zurich around 4.30 PM. Evening after getting freshen up in the hotel, we roamed around Zurich and did some shopping in Bahnhofstrasse streets.

Day2:

Day 2 plan is to visit Mt. Titlis. We travelled to Luzern and reached to Engelberg. From there we have taken ticket for the cable car to reach Mt. Titlis. Cable car experience was amazing to see such a big & freezing mountain. There were 4 cable car changes from Engelberg to reach Mt.Titlis. Such a lovely place to enjoy and quite wonderful. There are ICE Flyer, Cliff walk and we also played in Snow. Had snacks in the restaurant over there. Thank God, weather was good for all 4 days. Then we reached down to Engelberg and then to Luzern. We roamed around Luzern in the evening. We walked on Chapel Bridge, due to some refurbish work, only half of the bridge was in walkable condition. Saw few churches around the chapel bridge. We also entered into the museum over there and spent some time and there were kind of Exhibition happening just outside the station. It was good time pass to roam around across the lake and watch out the places. Quite lively city it was.

Day 3:

We started to Interlaken on day 3 and checked in at India Village Hotel in Interlaken Ost and then we started to Jungfrau. Yes, the tickets are quite costly for Jungfrau compared to Mt. Titlis. But somehow we wanted to go and enjoy the Mountain View. We took cogwheel trains from Interlaken Ost to Jungfrau via Lauterbernn. Such an amazing journey and the scenery were fabulous. It took around 2.5 hours to reach Jungfrau from Interlaken Ost and I am sure everyone loves the scenery, the lovely villages,waterfalls and train which goes via the tunnels which will actually makes us forget the 2.5 hours of time. And yes, we reached the top of Europe, enjoyed the snow at the top of mountain and also the ICE cave and a wonderful view from top of Europe. We have also entered the chocolate factory and had our lunch in one of the restaurant. When returning back, we took the other way, i,e Jungfrau->Grindelwald-> Interlaken Ost.Grindelwald villages are equally awesome view for the return journey.

Day 4:

Another unforgettable day. Since morning weather was not good, we had to drop off a plan of travelling in Cruise to Brienz. Instead, we hired cycles and roam around Interlaken city and around 11, we also went for Paragliding. Wow, lifetime ride it was. What a view from top of mountains, over the sea and over the city. Had a fantastic time. We completed the remaining time in cycling. Had our lunch in the same hotel and we started to Zurich for the airport and that completes our Switzerland Trip.

We were actually scared how to travel on our own in the new country. Hats off to Public transport. The train systems, the swiss travel pass made our journey very smooth, hassle free journey with the clear maps and routing.

Only one suggestion from my side to include in Myswissalps would be, some info regarding few activities. Although little information were already there, it would be very much helpful if you can also brief on activities such as Skydiving, Paragliding, Biking, etc. Information such as few companies who will provide this offer, which place would be best for these activities, the rates, etc. It is again a suggestion which might complete the round of information about Switzerland which was well articulated in Myswissalps already.

Wishing & hope to visit the beautiful country once again! Thanks once again..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 October 2015 at 13:53:15 #846524

Hi Sridevi,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a trip report. It’s very detailed so I’m sure it will be an inspiration to future travelers to the Swiss Alps. I’m glad to hear you had such a good trip. We’ll certainly create a page about sporty activities. Thanks for that tip, I’ve put it on our to-do list.

Hope to talk to you when you prepare for your next trip!

All the best,

Arno

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 August 2016 at 16:45:39 #846525

Our new page for sports is now available: myswissalps.com/ activities/sports.

• The thread ‘Wonderful trip to Switzerland!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.