Swiss Transfer Ticket Zurich-Zermatt-Geneva?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 6:52:40 #812797

I’m wondering if Swiss transfer ticket is valid for our case and is the best travel option: we plan to stay for a hiking week in Zermatt. We arrive by plane in Zurich but our departure home is from Geneva airport. Can we use for it Swiss transfer ticket which looks the best option of price? Thanks in advance, Magdalena

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 9:20:48 #867668

Hi Magdalena and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket to/from Zermatt to any border town or airport on your trip.
    If you aren’t planning on many or any trains or cable cars in Zermatt it could be the best option for you yes.
    You can buy the ticket online here and have it emailed to you – this way you just jump on the train at Zurich airport and no need to wait in line at the railway office.

You can compare ticket prices within Switzerland here as well.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 12:51:00 #867669

Hi Lucas!

Thanks for your answer and its great forum:) Thanks for helping us not to get lost:)!

I’m considering of buying peak pass for the days there. I calculated – peak pass for 6 days + swiss transfer was lower price as half fare ticket + tickets to Zermatt and back (Zurich/Geneva) + peak pass total amount was higher or i”m wrong? As I had understood peak pass covers all travels around Zermatt and Randa or I”m wrong?

Thanks, Magdalena

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 15:59:53 #867670

Ah yes that makes sense!

If you are getting the Peak Pass while there you are probably right that getting the Swiss Transfer Ticket is your best option.

Have a great trip!
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Zurich-Zermatt-Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.