Swiss Travel Pass Youth - turning 26 while on trip

Swiss Travel Pass Youth - turning 26 while on trip

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jhg62991
jhg62991
3 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 5:01 PM

I am traveling to Switzerland for my 26th birthday. I will be there for 12 days but will buy the 15 day consecutive pass. I arrive in Switzerland on my 26th birthday and this will be the first day I use the rail pass. When ordering the ticket if I mark the start date as the day before my 26th birthday (even though this is the day before I arrive in Switzerland) can I still buy the youth pass?

Lucas
Lucas
2460 posts
top member &
Apr 24, 2017 - 6:23 PM in reply to jhg62991

Hi jhg62991 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy the pass certainly (see here for where to buy); The rule is one must be under 26 on the first day of the pass.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 24, 2017 - 6:54 PM by Arno
jhg62991
jhg62991
3 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 8:24 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas! So is it okay if I mark the start date as the day before my birthday even though I won't actually be using the pass until the next day? I'm not sure if there is some type of validation they do when you board the train to start your pass or ifthe first day of the pass is just the date you indicate when ordering the ticket.

-Jackie

Lucas
Lucas
2460 posts
top member &
Apr 25, 2017 - 5:53 AM in reply to jhg62991

Yes you can do that - They don't validate the ticket. You order the ticket with the starting date you choose and you then get the free travel for the next 15 days from that date.

You are technically "wasting" a day but you have extra days on your ticket compared to how long you are in country so that doesn't matter. :)

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017