Youth would be upto 25 or upto 26 years of age?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 13:29:33 #811558

Hello!

I had read in one of the threads that the Swiss travel pass ‘youth’ would be valid for people upto the age of 26 years (inclusive). But on the official Switzerland tourism website, they’ve mentioned ‘upto 25 years of age’. Please find attached a screen shot of the same.

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 April 2017 at 14:01:03 #862262

Hi Jayy123,

The cheaper Swiss Travel Pass for youth can be used by anyone who’s 25 or younger on the first travel date of the pass. People of 26 pay the regular price. The age limit and websites to buy from can be found here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

Note that you will probably pay less if you pay in Swiss francs (CHF) instead of Indian rupees, unless your bank charges a very high conversion fee. You can visit the official web shop of the Swiss federal railways (SBB) at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en to pay in CHF and print your pass at home. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees).

Can you share the URL of the thread? I will edit it to prevent confusion. The above page is the best resource to check for information like this though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 14:30:56 #862263

Hey Arno!

Thankyou so much for all the extra details!

Here’s the url

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/youth-travel-pass-turning-26

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 April 2017 at 17:31:35 #862264

Thanks to you as well for the URL! That thread says “The rule is one must be under 26 on the first day of the pass“. This is correct. There might have been an incorrect statement there at some point, but if so, it apparently has already been edited. Or did you mean a different phrase?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 18:16:58 #862265

I was talking about that itself. I’m guessing I myself got a bit confused, maybe. So basically, if someone has crossed 25 years and a few months, but hasn’t yet turned 26, he’s ellgiible for the youth pass, am I right?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 18:38:02 #862266

Yup! one must be under 26 on the first day of the pass

• The thread ‘Youth would be upto 25 or upto 26 years of age?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.