Zermatt - Matterhon Glacier Paradise & Gornergrat

Zermatt - Matterhon Glacier Paradise & Gornergrat

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ruwanthi
ruwanthi
2 posts
Mar 24, 2017 - 4:50 AM

I have purchased a 2 country Eurail Pass, which includes Switzerland. I am planning to travel to Zermatt and experience the "Matterhorn glacier paradise". The Viator ticket is 103 USD for this per head. I also saw that there is a 50% entrance for Eurail Pass Holders. Therefore I i am to avail this benefit, will a Day be deducted from the Eurail Pass or is this a Benefit. I am wondering if I should buy the Viator offer or not?

I am also wondering if the return to the Gornergrat station / View Point and return is free if we have a Eurail pass?

I also wanted to know if the entrance to the Matterhorn Museum is Free with the Eurail Pass? if so is a day deducted or is this a benefit.?

Lucas
Lucas
2460 posts
top member &
Mar 24, 2017 - 9:18 AM in reply to ruwanthi

Hi Ruwanthi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are no discounts available for Gornergrat or Glacier Paradise for Eurail Select Pass holders, nor for the Matterhorn Museum.

The Swiss Travel Pass does offer 50% off Gornergrat, Glacier Paradise and free museum entrance.

In this case with your Eurail Select Pass that you have you are best off buying the Viator ticket you mentioned.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 24, 2017 - 1:26 PM by Lucas
ruwanthi
ruwanthi
2 posts
Mar 24, 2017 - 9:48 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi

From Zermatt to Gornergrat its a Regional Train, and with the 2 country select pass, all Regional Trains are Free. can you please confirm this?

other inputs are all great. thanks heaps.

ruwanthi

Lucas
Lucas
2460 posts
top member &
Mar 24, 2017 - 1:26 PM in reply to ruwanthi

Hi Ruwanthi,

No, it isn't about the train type (regional or other) its the route the train travels on. You should look over the PDF maps on the links above on the passes to see what routes are covered (click on the where its valid tab).

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 24, 2017 - 1:26 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017