Zermatt to Milan

• Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    11 September 2014 at 10:55:01 #806635

Hi, I will travel from Zermatt to Milan in mid October.I see Euro City operates but will it accept my swiss pass till domodosolo ? How should I book the fare ?

Regards

NR

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    11 September 2014 at 11:29:01 #841042

In addition to above, while booking from SBB, I only see GA1 and others for reduction but now Swiss Pass. How would I utilize my Swiss Pass.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 September 2014 at 11:57:48 #841043

Hi Nauman,

All trains on routes included in the Swiss Pass will accept it. You need a ticket from Domodossola to Milan which can be purchased here (along with your Swiss Pass), or through the SBB. In case of the SBB you can choose GA in case of a Swiss Pass, and you may need to collect the ticket at a staffed SBB rail station (Zermatt is not SBB, for example), so be sure to check that carefully if you order there.

By the way, please do not post in the Trip Reports forum as that’s for completed trips only. You’re very welcome to post there once you’re back though! I moved your post to the Swiss rail forum.

Enjoy the ride!

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    11 September 2014 at 12:47:38 #841044

I am sorry. I made that post in hurry. Please shift it to relevant section.

When I use your given link, it gives me fare from Domodossolo to Milan.

And when I check on SBB, reaching to Domodossolo from Zermatt is with two different ways:

1- From Visp to Domodossolo via EC ( Here seems I cannot use my swiss pass, can I ? )

2- From Visp to Domodossolo via RC or others. But by the time it reaches domo.. EC will the station.

Other thing, If i let SBB to decide, then please see the attachment. For sure I will have swiss pass so I selected GC1. Is this alright ?

Rgds..

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 September 2014 at 17:17:06 #841045

Hi Nauman,

I am not 100% sure what your question is. As stated in my previous post, any train is covered by the Swiss Pass. It does not matter if you travel by EC, IR, RE or any other train type. EC trains are more expensive because of the supplement for the Italian leg of the trip, but that’s a different issue not related to the Swiss Pass. If you order through the SBB site you need to select GA 2nd or 1st class, based on the class of the Swiss Pass you have or will have by then. Note that you can also order the ticket along with your pass for the same price.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Arno

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    12 September 2014 at 23:23:28 #841046

In summary, with swiss pass 2nd class, I can select GA 2nd in SBB website. Right ?
    Rgds,

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 September 2014 at 5:31:02 #841047

That’s correct Nauman!

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.