Zermatt to St Moritz to Tirano

Zermatt to St Moritz to Tirano

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
silvia
silvia
8 posts
Apr 11, 2016 - 9:04 PM

I am traveling on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz. Because of time constrains, I will continue on the same day to Tirano. Is it best to change trains before St. Moritz? I do not want to miss any of the scenic parts of the train ride.

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2016 - 6:19 AM

Welcome Silvia!

You can change once in St. Moritz or twice in Samedan and Pontresina. The second option might be quicker, please see the timetable. Scenery wise it's a bit prettier via St. Moritz, but both options are very short legs so I would not bother with 15 minutes of additional scenery after 8 hours on the Glacier Express :-)

Brahms
Brahms
214 posts
Apr 12, 2016 - 7:21 AM

You better travel through Samedan > Pontresina than via St Moritz, if you do not visit the village itself. .

The railways Samedan < > St . Moritz < > Pontresina and Samedan < > Pontresina run exactly through the same area with the same views.

silvia
silvia
8 posts
Apr 13, 2016 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for the help.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016