Zermatt transport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2014 at 6:09:07 #806618

Hi there

I’ve planned a holiday in Switzerland and will be spending 2 days in Zurich and 3 days in Zermatt. I have decided to purchase the Swiss pass to allow me unlimited travel on most train lines. Can I know if the e-buses in Zermatt are free of charge if I have the Swiss pass? Or do they charge separately per trip?

I’ve booked an accommodation in “Mountain Paradise Hotel” and it looks like I need to travel to the hotel via the Matterhorn Express. Is the Matterhorn express included in the Swiss pass? Or is it charged separately? Other than the Matterhorn express, is there any other way to get to the hotel from Zermatt station?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    1 September 2014 at 14:15:57 #840976

Hello prislau! The e-buses in Zermatt aren’t covered by the Swiss Pass. Zermatt isn’t that big though, so if you don’t mind hiking around a bit, you can do most trips within Zermatt by foot and you won’t need buses that often.

You do need a bus for the transfers from the train station to your hotel and back, since you’ll have to carry your luggage. You don’t need the Matterhorn Express for your hotel though: a bus connection is sufficient. Details and the e-bus schedule can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2014 at 14:22:19 #840977

Hi annika

Thanks for the prompt reply! It’s good to know that I can take e-buses to get around. Do these e-buses charge by per trip? I just need to buy the tickets when I get to zermatt village?

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 September 2014 at 17:38:07 #840978

Hi prislau1,

A single trip is about CHF 3. A week pass for unlimited rides is CHF 22. I think they also charge a small amount per item of luggage, but I am not sure about that. Our Zermatt travel page may also be interesting for you.

Kind regards,

Arno

• The thread ‘Zermatt transport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.