Zinal – how is the snow melt currently there ?

• juliteuscher
    Participant
    19 posts
    10 June 2016 at 6:49:32 #809405

Hello !

Does anyone by chance know the conditions of the hiking trails around Zinal ? I am coming the end of June with my family (husband and teenage kids) and would love to do a hike in that region – specifically up to Roc de la Vache. – not any higher.

Thoughts ? Thank you .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2016 at 7:39:29 #852910

Hi juliteuscher,

I’m not that familiar with that region, so you may want to contact the local tourist agency at http://www.valdanniviers.ch for details. The trails around Roc de la Vache reach up to 2600 m. It’s tricky to have a guess; they may just be accessible around that time. It depends on the weather of the next two weeks. In any case, there will be plenty of other trails to enjoy, particularly north of Zinal.

juliteuscher
    Participant
    19 posts
    14 June 2016 at 2:48:33 #852911

Thank you for your input – we will see what the weather does ! …I agree there are plenty of other trails at lower altitudes to enjoy !

• The thread ‘Zinal – how is the snow melt currently there ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.