Zurich Airport to Lucerne

Zurich Airport to Lucerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
champ
champ
15 posts
May 20, 2013 - 5:01 AM
Hi All,

I will be arriving in Zurich on 5 June 2013 and has to proceed on to Lucerne. I have bought the 8days Swiss Pass which I intend to use starting 8 June 2013 for the longer journeys. That being so, I intend to buy the normal train ticket from Zurich-Lucerne. Do I take the SBB trains or are there any other railways I should consider ? Should I buy the tickets online or should I just buy it at the station on the day I arrive ? Since I am arriving at about 8am, how much time do I need to clear the immigration, get my luggages and get to the train platform to board the train so I can estimate the departure time of the train ticket that I should be buying ?

Thanks for your advice,
Patrick KL.
Arno
Arno
7345 posts
expert &
May 20, 2013 - 5:52 AM
Hi Patrick,

You don't need seat reservations in Switzerland; your ticket is valid for any train from Zurich to Lucerne on the date printed on the ticket. You can get your ticket online or at the rail station. You'd just take any train you find in the timetable. Tickets are valid for all train operators.

Enjoy the ride!
dick1
dick1
88 posts
May 20, 2013 - 7:42 AM
Direct trains to Luzern leave the airport at 47 minutes past each hour. It might be a little tight for the 8:47 am train but if you buy your ticket in advance you can go directly to platform 4.
Dick
champ
champ
15 posts
May 20, 2013 - 12:18 PM
Thanks for all the advice. It has been most helpful.

Regards

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016