Zurich and the near area – 6 days

• DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    27 March 2017 at 14:46:48 #811206

Hello all,

We will be staying in Zurich during the second week of April for 6 days and were wondering on the best pass options for traveling in the Zurich area at such time (with excursions out of Zurich to (a) Rhine falls + Schaffhausen + Stein am Rhein; (b) Lucerne + Mt. Pilatus; and (c) maybe another spot or two – any recommendations on nice half-day trips would also be greatly appreciated :)).

The questions is relevant for 3 adults and 3 children ages 2 and a half and 5 and a half (since my wife and I will be purchasing the 15-day STP as part of a longer trip):

1. What pass/ticket would you say is best for the adults? I couldn’t find any local pass that covers only that area… And BTW, is there any discount for seniors/people with disability cards?

2 From what I understand, children up to the age of 5 travel for free and children from 6 to 15 can get a free pass to go with their parents’ pass – that leaves a limbo for 5 until 6… I assume we’re good there? 🙂

3. Any additional thoughts would be great as well. 🙂

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Zurich and the near area – 6 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.