Zurich-Crans montana-Lugano for 10 days trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2010 at 0:41:27 #803894

I am residing in Singapore and will be travelling to Swiss with my husband and 21 months old kid 12-22 July.
    I will fly to Zurich and the have to take train to Sion/Sierre since I booked hotel in Crans Montana. I plan to visit Lugano, Lausanne and Jungfrauch.

Whic pass do I need to buy? Swiss pass or ..? Will it cheaper if I buy the pass in Singapore?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    6 July 2010 at 3:58:40 #831498

Hello arl38,

Just did some calculating and found the following prices, second class and per person:

Zürich Airport – Sion CHF 94 (return ticket CHF 188)
    Sion – Crans Montana CHF 18 (single ticket, twice))
    Crans Montana – Lugano CHF 181,60 (return ticket) Please note that reservations may be needed, you can ask the Railway personnel in Crans Montana. This will cost a bit extra.
    Crans Montana – Lausanne CHF 89,60 (return ticket)
    Crans Montana – Jungfraujoch CHF 296,80 (return ticket)

As you see I calculated every trip you mentioned from Crans Montana as you have a hotel booked there.

Total costs: CHF 792. This, times two will bring you to almost CHF 1600

A Swiss Saver Pass (for 2 persons travelling together) will cost you, for fifteen days: CHF 387 a person
    This Pass will give you a discount of 25% to Jungfraujoch – you can travel for free to Wengen or Grindelwald.
    Return ticket from Wengen to Jungfraujoch: CHF 149, with discount CHF 111,75
    Return ticket from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch CHF 162, with discount CHF 121,50

In your case I would opt for a Swiss Saver Pass, which you can order online. If you don’t have time for ordering online, you can purchase your Pass at Zürich Airport Railway Station. Your child will travel for free.

I don’t know if it’s cheaper to buy your Pass in Singapore, but I suppose not, though I’m not quite sure.

Wishing you a very pleasant stay in beautiful Switzerland,

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2010 at 7:48:22 #831499

Dear Olga,
    Again… many thanks for your valuable input 🙂

• The thread ‘Zurich-Crans montana-Lugano for 10 days trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.