Zurich day pass zones

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2017 at 9:51:46 #810742

I am quite confuse about zone of Zurich day pass. Does it cover Schaffhausen, Rhine falls and Stein am Rhein? If It cover, which zones for Schaffhausen, Rhine falls and Stein am Rhein that I should buy.

Thanks in Advance,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2017 at 17:39:15 #858715

hi Jinny and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Zurich day pass can cover the Rheinfall if you buy the all zone pass at 34CHF but not the other locations (almost!). Schloss Laufen Am Rhein train stop near the Rheinfall is in zone 116 on the ZVV zone map.

Where will you be starting your journey? It is probably cheaper to buy point to point tickets with SBB (Swiss railway) if you are starting in downtown Zurich.

Use our timetable here to enter your journey (to and from and dates) to see the costs for individual tickets. To get prices you will need to enter your name and birth date and then select any fare reduction you may have (if you have a half-fare card for example).

I hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions. Check out our information page on Zurich for more details as well.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 7:47:20 #858716

Thanks for your helpful response

• The thread ‘Zurich day pass zones’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.