Jan 20, 2012 - 4:11 AM
Please help me plan our 20th Anniversary trip in July. We have bought plane tickets to arrive in Zurich and leave from Prague 2 weeks later. My husband (who lived in Switzerland 22 years ago) chose Zurich, Lucerne & Bernese Oberland/Swiss Alps area for the first half of first half of our trip. We'll then visit Vienna & Prague.
I would appreciate input about our trip, especially in the Swiss Alps. My husband wants to see beautiful scenery.
1. Arrive Zurich in the evening
2. Zurich - visit places he remembers, explore Zurich
3. Zurich - same
4. Travel to Lucerne, Lake Lucerne? Bridge? walk around? can we do Mt. Pilatus? go back to Zurich or stay in Lucerne overnight would be better?
5. Finish Lucerne or travel straight to Murren (or maybe Grindelwald? or other charming town?) on the Golden Pass 2 hour train ride which I hear is beautiful.
6. Jungfraujoch? Short hikes around Murren. Cable cars or gondolas or cogwheel trains.....I'm getting confused there seem to be so many.
7. Another day trip in area, another mountain or another lake? Travel from Murren to Zurich by nightfall.
Either stay the night in Zurich and take a cheap plane to Vienna first thing in the morning or take Night Train to Vienna at 22:40. So hard to decide!!!
Any input is welcome! Thank you. I'm so excited.