Zurich to which city in Austria?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2016 at 8:43:11 #808267

i already have a plan to Switzerland in May from 15-23 but last stop will be Geneva then i want to visit Austria for 4-5 days, can someone give me any information which city i should be visit Salzburg, Vienna must go and should take flight from Geneva or train from Zurich.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 January 2016 at 9:27:47 #847647

Welcome to MySwissAlps moilam!

I would not recommend a flight for such short distances. Just make sure that you optimize your itinerary to end your stay in Switzerland closer to the Austrian border: so do not end your stay in Geneva, but in Zurich for example. The trains from there to Austria are comfortable, scenic and of course it’s more eco-friendly than flying.

As for where to stay in Austria: this website is about Switzerland only, but if you provide more information about your expectations and interests someone might be able to help. Salzburg may make sense as it’s closer: less than 5.5 hours by direct train from Zurich. It’s a pleasant ride allowing you to see more of the Alps.

• The thread ‘Zurich to which city in Austria?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.