Ticket from Zurich to Seefeld in Tirol, Austria

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2016 at 20:40:31 #810245

Hi, what is best ticket to buy for travel from Zurich to Seefeld in Tirol, Austria?

kind regards

Annemi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2016 at 5:53:39 #856618

I have just completed my Switzerland-Austria trip. I bought my ticket online from OBB. You can choose the cheapest ticket for the day. Paying by credit card is a bit tricky. Whatever numbers you key in, just do it fast. Or else, the transaction will be cancelled. I took the train from Chur to Innsbruck. This is a fantastic forum. Read all suggestions here and you will have a wonderful trip.

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 October 2016 at 7:59:59 #856619

Hi Annemi,

In one of your other threads you mentioned you have a Swiss Travel Pass. If so, you only need a ticket for the Austrian portion of the trip (e.g. Buchs SG to Seefeld, but depending on your route). You can buy it through the ÖBB site, or several others like ACP Rail (http://www.acprail.com/train-tickets) or Rail Europe South Africa (http://www.raileurope.co.za/t rain/railjet-austria-and-beyond), as that’s where you live.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2016 at 18:17:25 #856620

Hi Arno, thank you. The other posts were for a trip last year. This time we’re just travelling through Switzerland from Strasbourg (France) to Seefeld in Tirol. It looks as if best way from Strasbourg is via Zurich. Hence my question about how to get from Zurich to Seefeld.

Must I buy tickets from Swiss SBB, or from OBB? Or both?

Kind regards

Annemi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2016 at 18:20:26 #856621

Thank you

Arno
    15481 posts
    20 October 2016 at 18:35:18 #856622

Hi Annemi,

Ok, thanks, in that case you need regular tickets. You can buy them from any retailer you prefer. I mentioned several in my previous post.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Ticket from Zurich to Seefeld in Tirol, Austria’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.