Zurich-Golden Pass-Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 November 2015 at 9:28:18 #808135

On 26th of Dec around 9 am i will be leaving from Zurich airport to Geneva on Swiss travel pass. As i want to travel through golden pass route I wanted to know the following.

1. is golden pass scenic train free on Swiss travel pass
    2. are reservation compulsory for second class on this route
    3. how many train i have to change from Zurich to Geneva on this golden pass route
    4. whats is the approximate average time between the connecting trains
    5. As i am caring a bit of baggage can u suggest which train type of train i should travel in
    6. how much time is required for the whole journey.
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    19 November 2015 at 10:52:19 #847042

Welcome milind!

1. Yes, all trains in Switzerland are free with a Swiss Travel Pass. Details can be found here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity.
    2. You don’t need seat reservations: myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/ tickets.
    3. From the top of my mind it’s 4 times. You can find all the details in the timetable: myswissalps.com/ timetable.
    4. You can find that in the timetable too.
    5. You can take along luggage in all trains. Alternatively you can send it to Geneva before your trip in order to travel light: myswissalps.com/train/ practical/luggage.
    6. It takes 7.5 to 8.5 hours. Again, the timetable helps you out with the details.

You can purchase a Swiss Travel Pass from any of the retailers listed here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 November 2015 at 1:25:38 #847043

<<“It takes 7.5 to 8.5 hours. Again, the timetable helps you out with the details.”>>

Following up on that, if you were in a hurry, the direct and frequent trains take about 2 hours 40 minutes. Seeing the scenery takes extra time. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Zurich-Golden Pass-Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.