5 day itinerary between Zurich and Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2017 at 2:43:59 #812767

Hiya

I am wanting to get some tips or an idea of an itinerary. We have 5 nights to work with and so far were thinking:

1 night in Lucerne and do a day trip to Pilatus then train to Engelberg and then stay one night at Mt Titlis.

The highlights from here we want to see are of course the Jungfraujoch, Lauterbrunnen and Schilthorn. By the sounds of it Interlaken is quite a touristy hub city which we are not looking for. Would it be worth staying in Wengen or Murren for 2nights and going a day trip to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald and then a day trip to Schilthorn and Lauterbrunnen In the one day?
    After this we would continue via train with one night in Montreux then finishing in Geneva. I would like to hear anybody’s thoughts and recommendations as we are open to options. We really like the adventure side of things and are more into the scenery and small village feel for 3 young ladies from New Zealand

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2017 at 5:27:30 #867510

Hi Braidiew and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, I would certainly look at staying in Mürren or Wengen for the Jungfrau region. Both towns are really quite nice and work well for your plans. Lauterbrunnen may be a bit more convenient with train connections to various places/areas though.

To help you with your choices, click on the town links above to see what you can see and do in the area, and where to stay.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to help plan your trips and look through the various Swiss rail passes here and if you need help choosing the best rail pass read through our page here.

Let us know if you have further questions!
    Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 July 2017 at 9:32:12 #867511

Hi Braidiew-

To consider the possible routes for any particular day, in addition to the timetable linked by Lucas, this map may help you:

map.search.ch/?pos=640520,161536&z=32 &poi=bergbahn,halteste lle,zug

I’ve used the menu to turn on icons for transport stops.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘5 day itinerary between Zurich and Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.