Zurich to Rhine falls and black forest

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 14:31:59 #808750

I will be reaching Zurich around 10 am on may 7.. I would like to visit Rhine falls and black forest.I will have a swiss travel card and I should be returning by evening. Would it be possible to visit black forest and lake titisee on our own?.. I’ll be having schengen visa…or should we go for a coach tour?.thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 March 2016 at 17:01:57 #850006

Hi Premasudha,

I’m afraid it’s not realistic to visit both places in one day by public transport, except may be if you would start very early in the morning. It’s best to either visit just the Rhine Falls (easy to do by train, and covered by the Swiss Travel Pass), or book a coach tour for a brief visit to both sites in one day. This one departs 12:15 PM so it does fit your schedule: http://www.viator.com/tours/Z urich/Black-Forest-and-Rhine-Falls-Day-Trip-from-Zurich/d577-2460FOREST. It’s not available in weekends though, so that excludes May 7.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Rhine falls and black forest’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.