Zurich to Salzburg help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2012 at 18:46:25 #805561

Three of us will be traveling from lake Brienz to Salzburg and I could use some help. We will probably have the Swiss pass so it looks like the route will be fron Brienz to Zurich and appears to be approx. 2.5 hours. Then I did the leg of the trip from Zurich to Salzburg to come up with pricing. When I put it in it looks like there is a non stop train departing from Zurich at10:40 Duration 5:18. It showed a cost of $105.00. Or special fare of $48.00. Can you tell me what are special fare requirements and does it need to be booked in advance. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 August 2012 at 12:45:20 #837009

Hello Cfrieday,

There’s indeed a direct Railjet train from Zurich bound for Budapest, with a stop in Salzburg. I don’t know what the special fare is. Where did you find that? If you search for your trip from Brienz to Salzburg in the timetable, you’ll get the option to purchase a ticket. With a Swiss Pass, you can select “GA” when asked for reduction options you’re entitled to in Switzerland. You’ll just be charged for the Austrian leg, which is about CHF 60 including the seat reservation.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Salzburg help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.