Zurich-Wengen-Lucerne Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 16:32:42 #808710

Hi,

Please advise if a 4 days Swiss travel pass (with 1 free day for purchase before 29 Mar 2016) or Jungfrau pass and Tell Pass Lucerne work better for my itinerary below:

• June 5 – Zurich Airport to Wengen
    • Jun 6 – Wengen – Jungfraujoch (to and fro)
    • Jun 7 – Wengen – Lauterbann (see waterfall). In the afternoon transfer to Lucerne ( Hotel in Lucerne)
    • Jun 8 – Lucerne – Mt Pilatus
    • Jun 9 – Lucerne to Mt Titlis
    • Jun 10 – Lucerne to Munich. Have bought ticket for this route via Bahn.com

We looking forward to wonderful Swiss holiday. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 March 2016 at 20:47:38 #849803

Hi secretlock,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would think a Swiss Travel Pass works better. But I wonder where you found a promotion offering an extra day day of traveling? I only know about such an offer for Eurail passes.

You can do the math if you want to be 100% sure about which pass or combination of passes works out cheapest: myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2016 at 10:14:25 #849804

Thanks for your prompt response.

I read again the post again on ricksteves.com and confirm the 1 free day doesn’t apply for Swiss Travel card. My bad.

I think your suggestion make sense to buy Swiss Travel Card. My girl is 5 years old and she can travel with me free of charge. Correct?

Regards.

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 March 2016 at 12:32:01 #849805

Hi secretlock,

Ok, all clear now, thanks! I assume you meant a Swiss Travel Pass where you wrote Swiss Travel Card, right? A Swiss Travel Pass could indeed work for June 5 to 8, if you’d book a separate (guided) trip to Mount Titlis on day 9. The alternative is a Swiss Half Fare Card for all days. I expect that to work out cheaper. In both cases, your daughter can indeed travel for free, except perhaps for guided tours.

Apart from the link in my previous post, please see the below pages. I think that should help you make a choice:

• The thread ‘Zurich-Wengen-Lucerne Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.