Zurich Zone Info and what pass to buy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2015 at 11:29:53 #807780

I will be reaching Zurich around 6 PM from Lucern and staying at Ramada Hotel on Freihofstrasse.

The next day, I plan to go around Zurich and maybe to the Rhine falls. Not sure if I will visit the museums. What is the best pass for this schedule? What all zones are involved for the hotel and Zurich city? Where can I get more information on the zones?

Murty

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 August 2015 at 12:13:17 #845474

Hi Murty,

Your hotel is located in zone 110, as well as downtown Zurich. If you want to visit the Rhine Falls you will need a day card for all zones. You can find details on http://www.zvv.ch. Do you have a rail pass during your stay?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2015 at 13:23:35 #845475

Arno,

Thanks a lot for all the help you are providing.

I have a Eurail pass. However, I was not planning to use it for the second day since I was planning to stay local in Zurich till 9:44 PM before heading out to Vienna.

Day 1 in Zurich will be from 6:00 PM, reaching Zurich from Lucern. I will be using my pass for this day.

Murty

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 August 2015 at 18:01:17 #845476

Hi Murty,

You’re welcome! As you don’t have a valid pass in Zurich, one of the ZVV tickets or a day pass will be best. There’s also a ZurichCARD that includes museums and short boat rides, but not the train to the Rhine Fall. So it depends on what your exact plans will be.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 August 2015 at 21:56:15 #845477

The ZVV has an office in the newly enlarged and renovated Shopville portion of the main rail station lower floor.

Talk to them about what you want to do…they can help figure out the best pass.

• The thread ‘Zurich Zone Info and what pass to buy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.