Zurich Zoo vs Basel Zoo

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2015 at 10:48:16 #807205

Which of the two zoos- Zurich and Basel is better? It is more convenient for me to visit the Zurich zoo as I’m staying there for 2 nights. But if the Basel Zoo is exceptional I would’nt mind going there.

Also please mention the entry ticket costs and whether they are in included in the Swiss Pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 May 2015 at 17:35:15 #842978

Don’t know about the entrance costs, which surely are available on the web sites for the zoos. I have been to both zoos. Basel’s is quite famous, and a good deal larger than Zürich’s.

The Zürich zoo is rather small, but quite nice. It does not have the variety or size of Basel’s zoo. Of possible interest is the cemetery along the walk from the tram stop to the zoo entrance. Quite beautiful, graves of many famous people, including James Joyce. His statue watches over the grave site.

tripadvisor.com/ Attraction_Review-g188113-d542816-Reviews-James_Joyce _s_Grave-Zurich.html

In Basel a ten minute walk from the train station brings you to the Tinguely Water sculpture. Worth a detour.

myswitzerland.com/en-us/tinguely-fountain-basel.html

There are four trains per hour from Zürich to Basel, with transit times ranging from 53 minute to 1 hr 11 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2015 at 11:54:42 #842979

Thanks Slowpoke!

• The thread ‘Zurich Zoo vs Basel Zoo’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.